Tuesday 21 August 2007

Garfield's diary

Hello, How r u all? I'm not too bad.
I and my husband have been his mate's funeral this morning, God bless. and my health visitor rung up as well, she is coming to our flat day after and I'm bit nervous but never mind.( have to tidy up!)
We went to hospital last Saturday to join one of maternity class and it was all right and big help to me as midwife gave us lots of gd information about labour and baby things. I can't believe baby will b born next month! How quick it is! Anyway hope everything will b all right deffo! so scared!!!
My mum rung up on the other day and she wrote to us as well, everything is all right over there and my family r so excited 4 baby! Its dead hot in Japan now according to my mum and my dad and my brothers went to night fishing the other day! sounds fun!
We've got a moses basket off niece as my mum in low told us this morning on the phone, it was big surprise! Everything is getting organized bit by bit so thats gd!
Sometimes I'm really panicking and worried a lot about anything even I don't want to feel like that but I can't help it donno y. Mayb just nervous to have first baby or cud b anything but I think I need to have more rest and be more relaxed to b honest! I'll do my best anyway.
My birth day is coming very soon (24th) by the way and I'll be 20! yey! I think this year is really special to me as everything has been changed gd way since I came here and having baby next month and such..... I must have my gardening angel behind me lol
Anyway hope everybody is doing all right and have a gr8 day folks!
See u!

7 comments:

purkul said...

hya,

i think its called 'nesting' garfield when a mum to be gets a rush on to get everything all ready for when the baby arrives, n i think thats what your feeling a bit of now.

don't worry about the health visitor they are only coming to see that everything is ok in terms of safety and that but they are there 4 u and the baby's benifit!

take care of your self and make sure you put in plenty of rest in now because ya might not get the chance for a bit when the baby arrives!

it will be great! 2007 a great year!

purkul
x

pebbles-ricicle said...

Hi Garfield
I'm glad everything is going well. Dont panic what you are feeling is perfectly normal especially as its your first baby. There is no point in pretending at times labour will be uncomfortable and painful but go with it and do what feels right for you. Remember and tell the midwives what you want, i didnt speak up during my first birth and it spoiled my experience. With Ruby i told them exactly what i wanted and they respected that, it was a much better experience. And when people tell you you will know what to do when the time comes, it is so true your body does everything it is supposed to. The midwives are there to help and advise you, dont be scared to ask them questions etc before, during or after.
Don't worry about the health vistior coming either they are a great source of help and advice, my health visitor is so nice and brilliant with my girls.
Take care of yourself i know you will probably think there is loads to do but there will be even more when the baby comes so rest as much as you can, it might be the last chance you get for quite a while.
Good Luck.
pebbles-ricicle x

purkul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
purkul said...

hya again,

just wanted to say...

happy birthday to you,

happy birthday to you,

happy birthday dear garfield

happy birthday to you!

purkul
x

emma said...

Happy Birthday Garfield!!!! Hope it was an extra special nice one.

As for the baby - it must be difficult not to worry, BUT try not to. You're such a naturally caring person and filled to the brim with resources that you and the baby and your husband will be fine. You're very wise, well beyond your years Garfield. I can't wait to meet your new son!

Chocolate Girl said...

I can't believe how quick the past eight months has gone either. You'll be a fab mum. Oh and happy belated birthday for friday!

Domenica said...

Hi Garfield,

I hope you had a VERY 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' on Friday.

As for feeling nervous and a little scared, (which is perfectly normal and natural)....I know I was! and I think every new mum to be, feels the same. But rest assured, you will be absolutely fine! You will have a lot of support, from many different sources....and they will all be aiming to help you, and your baby to come into the world safely....and he will!
I will be thinking of you....D x