Tuesday 27 February 2007

Garfield's cooking book

Hi ya;)
I'd like to introduce some Japanese meals recipe on today's my blog!


-----------U TOO CAN BE A SUSHI CHEF-----------


*Prepare the sushi rice* (tsp=teaspoon/Tbsp=tablespoon)

  1. Cook the rice so that it is a little hard.(3C uncooked rice, 3C water, 1C=180ml). *Less water than ordinary rice.

  2. Vinegar mix (4Tbsp vinegar, 2Tbsp sugar, 3/4tsp salt).

  3. While the rice is still hot, add vinegar mix. Stir rice well with a wooden scoop in a slicing motion, cooking the rice off by doing so. *Glossy rice.
*Norimaki*



  1. Spread nori(seaweed) on a bamboo rolling mat, then spread the sushi rice over it. Place filling in the center.
  2. Roll so that the front end of the nori will align evenly with the back end when touching.

  3. Slice the rolled norimaki with a knife. Wet the knife after each cut using a vinegar-moistened cloth.

*Chirashizushi*




  1. Mince carrots, lotus root, and shiitake mushrooms. Cook in 2/3C fish broth, 3Tbsp soy sauce, 1Tbsp mirin, 1Tbsp sake and 2Tbsp sugar, then drain .(1C=200ml).

  2. Mix ingredients, thinly cut boiled snow peas, and roasted sesame into the sushi rice and stir well.

  3. Put the sushi rice in a dish and arrange raw tuna, salmon, prawns and kinshi-tamago over the rice.

Hope you'd like them! Let's try!

PS/Thank u 4 all your comments!!!! appreciate it! Have a gd day!

6 comments:

emma said...

Oh my Days - how incredible is that! A recipe for Sushi on the MB web site.

klahanie said...

Hi Garfield-
Thank you for your recipe. I remember going to a fantastic Japanese restaurant in Vancouver,Canada. Located right in the heart, of Vancouver's 'Japan Town.'
I recall being somewhat nervous. They asked me to remove my shoes!

Domenica said...

Hi Garfield,

It was a delight to see your recipies for Sushi.

It reminded me of the last time I ate Sushi, which was at a restaurant in Amsterdam, the Sushi itself I liked very much, but it was accompanied by a type of dip! (bright green in colour - the name I have forgotten - maybe you could tell me?)
But it was the hottest thing I have ever tasted, and not realising, I had a huge dollop, and it literally took my breath away, I was gasping, and had to quickly consume huge amounts of water!! Dx

purkul said...

top stuff garfield,

i'll have a go at that!

i do like sushi but i've only ever had it out of a packet from supermarkets! so i'm guessing i havn't really tasted the best that there is on offer.

purkul
x

chris164 said...

like the recipes'. I'll for sure have to try them.

Garfield said...

Thank u 4 ur coments everyone!!!!
glad u like my recipe! I'll put another japanese racipe later!
Also when u have sushi please be carefull Wasabi(green bit) cuz it's really hot! seriously! lol
so have fun ur cooking!

Garfield